Office of the Registrar

General Registration for Fall Classes

Fall 2023 classes began the week of August 21.

  • Start of 16-week and first 8-week sessions: August 21
  • Start of 14-week classes: September 4
  • Start of 12-week classes: September 18
  • Start of second 8-week session: October 16

Registration Information

Additional Information

  • Contact Us

    Graduation Office
    Phone: 815-280-6671
    MyJJC graduation page (requires JJC ID)

    Records Office
    Phone:  815-280-2497

    Registration Office
    Phone:  815-280-2497

    Transcripts Office
    Phone:  815-280-2743

  • JJC Transcripts

    Online Transcript Request

    Joliet Junior College has partnered with Parchment to order and send your transcript and other credentials securely. This link will open a new browser.

    Order Transcripts $15

    To check your order status please sign in to and click Orders. Go to the Tracking help page for full details.

    Release of Transcripts with past due balance:

    In accordance with the Student Debt Assistance Act (110 ILCS 66/), the college will release an official transcript to a current or former student if the request is to:

    • Complete a job application;
    • Transfer from one institution of higher education to another;
    • Apply for state, federal, or institutional financial aid;
    • Join the United States Armed Forces or Illinois National Guard; or
    • Pursue other postsecondary opportunities.

    The transcript processing fee per transcript required for all students will apply.  


    In-Person Transcript Request: $15.00

    The Joliet Junior College transcript window will only be handling immediate pick-ups. All other requests must be processed online.

    When picking up your transcript the student will be required to do the following:

    • Main Campus

      1. Make payment of $15.00 at the Student Accounts and Payments Window (Campus Center Enrollment Center, A-1020)

      2. Upon receiving a receipt for payment, students must walk over to Registration located next to the payment window (Campus Center Enrollment Center, A-1020) and produce their paid receipt so the transcript requests can be processed. A photo ID is required when picking up your transcript.

    • Romeoville Campus

      1. Make payment of $15.00 at the Student Services (Enrollment Services) room RMA-1024 and show a photo ID.


    Requesting Records Prior to 1976

    For classes that were taken prior to 1976, records are maintained on microfilm. the Records Office needs 24 to 72 hours to locate the appropriate microfilm and process it for your transcript.


    Frequently asked questions about ordering transcripts

    Student Ordering FAQ


  • Apostilles

    An apostille is the legalization of a document for international use under the terms of the Hague Convention.

    Joliet Junior College graduates/students who plan to work or further their education abroad may need to authenticate their degree(s), transcripts course descriptions and/or current enrollment with an apostille.

    It is imperative that you verify the specific documents and authentication required by the receiving country. More information regarding authentication of American academic credentials for use abroad is available at the U.S. Department of State website. For those countries that do not recognize the Hague Convention or that do not accept the apostille, the U.S. Department of State has an Office of Authentications which can provide a federal authentication.

    Online Apostille services for the Joliet Junior College are available via Parchment.


    Services Offered:

    Diploma(s) & Transcript Bundle ($130)

    Degree Letter ($25)

    Course Descriptions ($35)

    Current Term Enrollment – If the above options do not apply and you only have current enrollment ($15)


    To order an apostille click on the link below:

    Order Apostille


    The apostille process includes:

    Documents verified as authentic and notarized.

    These documents are submitted to the Illinois Secretary of State.

    Confirmation email is sent to the student once the package has been sent to the Secretary of State.

    Mailing of the complete package to the designated recipient via Priority Mail.

    Completed requests will be processed and mailed to the Secretary of State within 3-7 business days.  Allow 4 – 6 weeks for processing by the Secretary of State’s Office.


    If you have any questions or concerns please contact the Transcripts office at

  • Procedure for General Petition

    General Petition Process

    General Petitions for the current semester should be submitted as soon as possible, to ensure your appeal is heard in a timely manner. If submitting after the current semester, petitions will only be heard up to 30 days immediately following that semester's end date (Ex. Spring-June 15, Summer-September 15, Fall-January 15).


    To provide students a one-time option to appeal for a late refund and or a late withdrawal due to medical or extenuating circumstances.  

    Extenuating circumstances may not include: Change of employment or work hours, transportation issues, vacations, incarceration, relocation, or moving. 

    Students requesting a general petition must complete a general petition form (Petición general de reembolso/abandono tardío) available online. 

    The petition process is a two-tier process, the decision of the petition committee is final and cannot be appealed. 

    Note: Your petition appeal goes before a committee for review and may take four to six weeks before you hear the results of their decision.

    Note: General petitions are not always granted.


    1. In order for petitions to receive consideration they should be for current or the immediate previous semester.  
    2. All refund requests due to extenuating circumstances must be accompanied with supporting documentation, at the time of submission. Any medical documentation must be on physician's stationary. Refunds will be disbursed back to the original payment method at the time of registering for the course. 
    3. A Late Withdrawal Petition, due to extenuating circumstances, must be accompanied with supporting documentation and should only be filed after the last day to drop a course(s).
    4. Petitions must be filed online. 
    5. Notification of the committee decision will be sent to your JJC email account. 


    In all cases, the student must demonstrate their extenuating circumstance interrupted their ability to:

    • Adhere to the standard drop procedure
    • Attend Class(es) for a substantial length of time
    • Complete the semester 


    Students who are currently failing or failed their classes prior to event regarding petition subject will not be eligible for refund. Grade verification at time of event will be completed by the Office of Student Rights and Responsibilities staff.

    Medical Emergency

    Definition: Documented medical condition or injury by an outside physician or medical provider which prevented successful completion of coursework. 

    External documentation required: Signed statement from an outside physician or medical provider on their professional letterhead that states the condition and why the student could not complete the semester. 

    Reason: Please explain how the illness or injury impacted your ability to successfully complete the course(s). You must include dates of services, procedures, or date ranges for hospitalization.

    Family Emergency

    Definition: Documented that the student became the primary caretaker for a family member’s illness or a death of an immediate family member during the term of enrollment.  A family member is a parent, child, spouse, sibling or grandparent.

    External documentation required: Signed statement from an outside physician, medical provider, hospice/ hospital social worker on their professional letterhead that includes the students name indicating the dates of illness and need for a full-time caregiver. In the case of a death, copy of the death certificate or obituary.

    Reason: Please explain your relationship to the family member and how their illness or death impacted your ability to successfully complete the course(s). Use back of form or attach documents as needed.

    Falsification of documentation will be referred to the Code of Conduct which could result in suspension or expulsion from the college.

    Students that receive financial aid are strongly encouraged to visit the Financial Aid Office prior to withdrawing or submitting a general petition.



  • Transfer Credit Evaluation

    Students that are transferring from other colleges or military and want their credits evaluated for a degree or certificate from JJC must take the following steps:

    1. Make sure you have a JJC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office as well as an "active" JJC "username" and "password.

    2. Request your official transcripts from the college(s) you have previously attended be sent to: Joliet Junior College, Transfer Credit Evaluation Office, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8938. JJC does accept electronic transcripts at                                                                              NOTE: JJC does not accept opened, faxed, or forwarded transcripts or transcript    links as official.

    3. Complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form

    4. View your unofficial transcript in your student portal to see your evaluated transfer credit and the JJC equivalencies. Evaluations can take up to 6 weeks to be completed during peak times in school year. Only courses applicable to the program listed on your evaluation form will be transferred.

    For additional questions on transferring to JJC, contact us at, or watch this informational video on how-to transfer college credits to JJC.

    New Students with 12 or more earned credits from another college or university should complete the steps listed on the Admitted Student page and then contact the Student Advising Center for an individual first semester advising appointment. Before scheduling an appointment you must submit official transcripts to the Transfer Credit Evaluation Office.  JJC will accept an unofficial grade report or transcript for students currently enrolled in coursework at another school, but they must clearly display the students full name and cannot be a photo. Email in-progress unofficial transcripts to along with your student ID number, first and last name, and a message stating your intent to schedule an appointment. 

    Foreign Transcripts

    Students that are transferring from a foreign college or university who want their credits evaluated for a degree or certificate from JJC must take the following steps.

    1. Make sure you have a JJC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office as well as an "active" JJC "username" and "password."

    2. Send your foreign transcripts in to be evaluated by the National Association of Credentials Evaluation Services (NACES) approved evaluator of your choice. Current approved members can be found at The evaluation MUST be a "Course by Course" evaluation translated into English.

    3. Once your evaluation is complete, please bring/send your results in to JJC.

    4. Complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form.  Please list on the form the NACES evaluator that reviewed your foreign transcript under "Transfer Schools."

    5. View your unofficial transcript in your student portal to see your evaluated transfer credit and the JJC equivalencies. Evaluations can take up to 6 weeks to be completed during peak times in school year. Only courses applicable to the program listed on your evaluation form will be transferred.

    Advanced Placement and CLEP

    Proficiency credit can be attained by taking examinations in the Advanced Placement Program or College Level Examination Program sponsored by the College Board. The results of these tests form the basis for awarding college credit to those students who have passed one or more tests with satisfactory scores. Students who have taken these examinations should request that their official scores be sent to the academic credentials specialist in the Registration and Records office.

    Students must request to have their scores evaluated by submitting a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form only after the student has earned at least 15 credits at Joliet Junior College.

    For more information on CLEP exams, please visit our Tests Administered page.

     Click here for AP Exams & Course Equivalents (PDF)

    Students that have completed an Advanced Placement (AP) and/or CLEP exam and want their credits transferred to JJC must take the following steps:

    1. Make sure you have a JJC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office as well as an "active" JJC "username" and "password."

    2. Request your official score report from College Board to be sent to: Joliet Junior College, Transfer Credit Evaluation, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431-8939. Note: Proficiency credit will only be given based on official score reports sent and received directly from College Board

    3. Complete a Transfer Credit Evaluation Request Form and list Advanced Placement or CLEP as your “transfer school.”




  • Reverse Transfer

    In recent years, a new form of transfer has emerged, and it is proving highly successful at giving students a second chance to earn their first college degree. 

    Reverse transfer is a process for awarding an associate of arts degree to students who transfer from a two-year to a four-year institution prior to completing the AA degree requirements at the two-year institution. 

    Reverse transfer students can combine credits they earn at their four-year school with those they had previously earned at community college and retroactively be awarded an associate degree. For more information email 


  • Guest Student

    If you are enrolled as a degree-seeking student at another college or university and want to take classes at JJC to fulfill a specific requirement at your senior institution, you are considered a guest student.

    Guest Student:

    1. Make sure you have a JJC application for admission on file with the Admissions Office as well as an "active" JJC "username" and "password.

    2. After 24-72 hours, set up your JJC username and password by visiting the ID/username/password page.

    3. If the course(s) you want to take have prerequisites required (and you've already taken them at your primary institution), send an email  to that includes the following:

      • Your name

      • Your JJC student ID

      • An attached copy of your unofficial transcript

      • The course name, the course number and the section number for all classes you want to take.

      • Within two business days, you'll receive information from JJC about whether or not your prerequisite was met. If met, a waiver will be entered into the system and you will be able to register online.

      • Speak to your university and/or college advisor to find out about transfer guidelines for your program to ensure the transferability of JJC coursework at your school or Check Transferology to determine if a course will transfer to your home institution. Transferology is a free nationwide, web-based transfer information system that provides you with fast and accurate course and transfer information. Your university advisor can also provide you with the most up-to-date information.


    Online Registration

    If you have questions about registering for classes, 815-280-2497 or email

  • Student Records

    The Records department at Joliet Junior College provides a variety of student services. 
    Student/Faculty services include:
    1. Student Name Changes/Corrections

    2. Social Security Corrections

    3. Student Enrollment Verification Letters/Forms

    4. Duplicate Records

    5. Recommendation Letters/Forms


    The office is located on Joliet Junior College Main Campus, 1215 Houbolt Road, Joliet, IL 60431, Enrollment Center Room A-1026.

    For more information, please email or call 815-280-2497.

  • Priority Registration Dates

    Priority Registration is for:
    • Students who are currently enrolled in a credit class.
    • Students who have no current restrictions and/or financial obligations to the college.
    Priority Registration Dates:

    Priority Registration Dates


  • Forms

  • Records and Transcripts FAQ


    Q1. How do I view my grades?

    A. You can print/view a final grade report via MyJJC  Student Portal > Self-Service Menu > View Academic Profile > View Grades

    Q2. Where can I print out my schedule?

    A. You can print your class schedule via MyJJC Student Portal> Self-Service Menu > Register & View Schedule > View Class Schedule

    Q3. What is an unofficial transcript/academic summary?

    A. The unofficial transcript is a semester by semester printout of all the classes a student has taken and of grades received. It displays student’s grade point average semester by semester as well as overall GPA. The results of placement test scores, transcript evaluation from other colleges and other testing information may also be indicated on the unofficial transcript.

    Q4. Who do I need to contact if one of my grades is incorrect? 

    A. Student Grade Appeal Procedure - The student has a right to a final course grade review if he/she feels the instructor's criteria for determining the final course grade has not been fairly or accurately applied in the calculation of the final course grade. Students should take the following steps: 

    1. The student shall confer with the instructor if there is a question concerning the calculation of a final course grade given by the instructor. If the instructor is unavailable within a three-week period (excluding when classes are not in session), the student may pursue the appeal unilaterally by contacting the appropriate Department Chair (see Step 2) If there is no resolution after the student has conferred with the instructor, the student will complete the online Final Grade Appeal Form and it will be forwarded to the appropriate Department Chair. If the Department Chair is the instructor and there is no resolution, then the student would proceed with the Step 2 meeting additionally with the Dean. 

    2. By the end of the sixth week (excluding when classes are not in session) following the issuance of the grade in question, the student shall contact the Department Chair and present to the Department Chair a completed Final Grade Appeals Form. If the Department Chair is unavailable or was the instructor who issued the grade, the student should contact the appropriate Academic Dean. The Department Chair will schedule and conduct a meeting with the student, the instructor, and the Academic Dean. At the meeting the student shall present documentation to support his or her appeal. The instructor will have an opportunity to address the concerns presented by the student. At the end of the meeting, the student and instructor will be excused and the Department Chair and the Academic Dean will confer and render a decision. Within five (5) school days, a summary of the findings will be sent to the instructor and the student. If all three parties (instructor, Department Chair, Academic Dean) concur in the recommendation, the appeal procedure is exhausted and the grade will stand or be changed, as recommended. 

    3. Step 3 provides that in the event that an agreement is not reached following the procedures in Step 2, the matter will be referred immediately to a committee composed of five full-time faculty members. The faculty committee shall schedule a hearing to be conducted in the same manner as the meeting described in Step 2. The decision of the committee shall be made by majority vote within thirty days after the hearing. The decision of the committee shall be final and binding to all parties. 

    Q5. How can I get a copy of my unofficial transcript? 

    A. Current Students

    Current students can view and print their unofficial transcript via MyJJC Portal > Self-Service Menu > View Academic Profile > Unofficial Transcript.

    B. Former Students

    1. Former students can come to the campus with a photo ID to obtain a copy of their unofficial transcript at no cost. 

    2. By submitting the Release of Unofficial Transcript Consent Form, former students can receive a copy of their unofficial transcript via US mail (to the address on record) or fax.

    If the address is different, students’ will need to follow all the guidelines set forth to update his/her address in the system before the Registrar’s Office can fulfill the request.

    3. Former students who do not meet one of the above options to receive an unofficial transcript should order an official copy of their transcript via Parchment.

    Q6. I have a hold on my record. Can I still receive my transcript?  

    A. Depends on the severity of the hold, some holds will prevent students from obtaining transcripts. However, there are options for you, but you will need to contact the Department who placed the hold on the record.

    In accordance with the Student Debt Assistance Act (110 ILCS 66/), the college will release an official transcript to a current or former student if the request is to:

    • Complete a job application;
    • Transfer from one institution of higher education to another;
    • Apply for state, federal, or institutional financial aid;
    • Join the United States Armed Forces or Illinois National Guard; or
    • Pursue other postsecondary opportunities.

    The transcript processing fee per transcript required for all students will apply.  

    Q7. How can I view/inspect my transcript if I have unresolved holds? 

    A. If the student has unresolved restrictive hold(s), the student may still maintain the right to review his/her unofficial transcript in-person. The student should submit the ‘student request to inspect and review education records’ form to the Office of the Registrar, Joliet Junior College, and 1215 Houbolt Rd., Joliet, IL 60431 or . In addition, the student does not have the right to a photo copy, or to copy the educational record during the inspection.  

    For more information, please visit FERPA Information and Forms 

    Q8. How do I check the status of my order?

    A. Sign in to and click Orders. Go to the Tracking help page for full details.

    Q9. How can my transcript be sent to an application service (such as NursingCAS, AMCAS, LSAC)? I have an applicant number.

    In the delivery destination search type in AMCAS or LSAC etc… Find the right application service and click on it. Please review the recipient’s information to make sure everything is correct.

    Attachments: Some application services will automatically generate an attachment containing your Application Service ID. Otherwise, you will be given the option to add an attachment.

    Q10. How can I ensure my degree is posted on my official transcript?

    A. If you are a recent graduate please check your unofficial transcript  before requesting your transcript to confirm your degree is posted. If your degree is not posted please select hold for degree on the request form and the JJC Transcripts office won’t release your transcript until the degree is posted.

    Q11. How can ensure all my current semester grades are posted on my official transcript?

    A. Please check your unofficial transcript before requesting your transcript. If your grades are not posted please select hold for grades on the request form and the JJC Transcripts office won’t release your transcript until ALL your current semester grades are posted.

    Q12. I received an incomplete. How long do I have to complete the assignments? 

    A. A student receiving an "I" grade from an instructor will have eight weeks into the following semester (excluding summer) to complete the work. If the work is not completed within eight weeks from the assignment of the "I" grade, the "I" grade will be changed to an "F" with the understanding that the instructor has the option of issuing a change of grade at a later date. 

    Q13. I received an email notifying me I was marked “never attended” for one of my courses? 

    A. If you have attended the class and you believe this is a mistake, you should contact your instructor immediately. The instructor will need to submit a 10th Day Attendance Revision form to update your record.  

    Q14. I received an email notifying me I was marked “not actively pursuing completion” for one of my courses? 

    A. If you feel your instructor has made a mistake in reporting you as "Not Actively Pursuing Completion", you need to discuss this with the instructor immediately. You can continue to pursue completion if the instructor agrees and completes a Midterm Attendance Correction form. If not, you must formally withdraw from the course prior to the drop date to avoid unnecessary “F” grades on your permanent record.

    Q15. Will my "D" grades earned at another college be accepted at Joliet Junior College?

    A. If the student’s cumulative GPA is less than 2.0 at a previously attended institution, credit may be transferred for courses earning credit and successfully completed with grade of “C” or above.

    Q16. How does Joliet Junior College view repeat grades?

    A. the Joliet Junior College transcript reflects all the course work completed at the college. Only the repeat grade is calculated into the GPA. Both the original and repeat grade course grades remain on the transcript; however it will reflect that the original class was repeated.

    Q17. How do senior college/universities view a repeat grade?

    A. It varies depending upon the college. Some colleges average the two grades on a repeat. Consult the college catalog or the college admissions representative for information.

    Q18. Who can I contact for JJC Transcripts and grades questions? 

    A. Please send any additional questions to .   


    Q. Where can I obtain an Enrollment Verification? 
    A. You can obtain an Enrollment Verification form from the National Student Clearinghouse by logging into MYJJC, clicking Menu, Student Services, Registrar’s Office, and Enrollment Verification for Students or by clicking here: Enrollment Verification.  

    Any questions regarding your Enrollment Verification can be directed to  

    Q. Where can I obtain a Good Student Discount Letter? 

    A. You can obtain a Good Student Discount Letter through your MYJJC student portal. On the homepage, there is a link in the Quick Links box for a Good Student Discount Letter which will list your current status and your GPA.  
    Q. Another institution needs a Letter of Non-Enrollment from JJC. Who can I contact? 

    A. If you have never applied to JJC or if you applied but never attended courses, please contact for further assistance. After we verify that you have not attended, we will need an address or email address for your contact at the other institution.  
    Please Note: Did you know Dual Credit courses from high school create a JJC transcript? If you took dual credit courses in High School, order an official transcript @ Official JJC Transcripts.  

    Q. How do I submit a graduation application? 
    A. Every student who will be completing their degree or certificate requirements in the current semester needs to submit a graduation application on your MYJJC student portal – Graduation Application.  

    If you are unsure if you will be meeting your degree/certificate requirements, please check with your advisor before submitting an application. 
    Q. What is the deadline to submit a graduation application? 

    A. Please visit the Graduation Portal Page or the Graduation Website for upcoming deadlines to apply for graduation.  
    Q. When is the Commencement Ceremony? 

    A. Joliet Junior College hosts one ceremony per year and it is held in May. All eligible graduates from the previous summer, previous fall, spring, and upcoming summer semesters will be invited to participate. During the spring semester, make sure to check your JJC email or Graduation Website for details. 
    Q. Who can I contact for Graduation Questions? 
    A. Please send any additional questions to





    Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)

    The Registrar's Office maintains student records in a confidential manner. The student records policy of Joliet Junior College is governed by the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA). 

    FERPA Guide for Parents

    The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (sometimes referred to as FERPA) was designed to protect the privacy of educational records and to establish the rights of students to inspect and review their educational records.  It also provided control over the release of educational record information.  The original intent of this legislation was to keep elementary and high school records private and to give parents access to their child’s school records.

    Once a student turns eighteen, or attends school beyond secondary school, the rights of access to the student’s records transfer to the student.  This includes students that are dually enrolled in high school and college. This means that all academic information regarding your college student goes directly to the student unless the student has given specific, written permission to release that information to someone else.  While parents naturally have an interest in their child's academic progress (and may even be paying for their education), they are not automatically granted access to their records.

    "Education records" are records that are directly related to a student and that are maintained by an educational agency or institution or a party acting for or on behalf of the agency or institution. These records include but are not limited to grades, transcripts, student course schedules, student financial information, and student discipline files. Joliet Junior College will not release any documents that are from another institution or entity to the student or to any party unless required by law.

    Under FERPA, a school is not required to provide information that is not maintained or to create education records in response to a parent's request. Accordingly, a school is not required to provide a parent with updates on his or her child's progress in school unless such information already exists in the form of an education record.

    Even with a release of records, faculty members are not required to provide updates to parents upon request. It should not be expected for faculty to provide continuous updates regarding the student. Nor does FERPA grant parents the ability to act on behalf of the student or make decisions for the student, i.e. add or drop courses, file complaints, request modifications to instruction, alter documents, etc.  (

    What does FERPA mean for a college parent?

    Generally, FERPA rules mean that student academic information such as grades or academic standing (GPA, academic transcript, academic warning, academic probation, or discipline records) will be given to the student and not to the parents. College students are considered responsible adults who may determine who will receive information about them.   College representatives are prohibited from discussing information about the student’s academic record with parents.  JJC has a waiver form, students can access this form through the student portal, which students can sign allowing records to be released to parents.  The student may, or may not, wish to sign this release. Students cannot be coerced or forced to sign this form under the law, or it becomes invalid.

    The quickest, easiest way for you to receive information about your student's grades or other student information is to ask your child to provide it to you.  Students have access to most student information through WebAdvisor portal, which provides online access to transcripts, schedules, grades, and degree audits.  Financial aid records and student bills are also available through this portal.  Students can print or e-mail needed information to their parents.  Students and their parents may also choose to log-in together at regular intervals to review the student's records.  This provides a great opportunity to talk with your student about their experience and progress. Finally, parents can request from the student to see the course syllabus, which outlines the expectations of the course, and have conversations with the student about how they are meeting these expectations.

    Are there any exceptions to the restrictions limiting the release of student information?

    There is a health and safety exception to FERPA regulations.  If a student is considered a threat to himself or to others, or there is a need to protect the health and safety of the student for some reason, information may be shared with parents.  If non-directory information is needed to resolve a crisis or emergency situation, an educational institution may release that information if the institution determines that the information is necessary to protect the health or safety of the student or other individuals. A school may also disclose to parents any violation of the use or possession of drugs or alcohol by students under twenty-one.  An important note here is that the law allows, but does not require, such information to be released to parents. 

    As students and parents navigate the transition to independence and autonomy we encourage parents to have discussion with their college student.  If contacting the College for information that cannot be accessed by the student and shared with the parent, then we encourage the student to contact the College with the parent and have the student lead the conversation.  The parent does not have the ability to make decisions for the student, even with a FERPA release. Discussions via email or phone are discouraged, due to privacy concerns.


    Ultimately, the goal of FERPA is to protect the privacy of student records and JJC is committed to protecting student information. If you have questions about FERPA, please contact one of the following staff members:

    Dean of Students, Cynthia Vasquez Barrios            815-280-2309

    Assistant Registrar, Kathy Delgado                             815-280-2764

    Compliance Officer, Tracy Morris                                   815-280-2704

    Paper FERPA forms are no longer available in the Registrar's Office. 

    Beginning 2019FL semester, FERPA forms will be completed online. Students are required to log into the MyJJC portal to complete the form.  MyJJC Login


  • Called for Duty

    Called for Duty 

    A currently enrolled student who is called to military service with the U. S. Armed Forces (as defined in 330 ILCS 60/30) or who is requested to work for the federal government during a national emergency or a limited national emergency must present to the Veteran Resource Center documentation supporting the call to service.

    Military Orders should be uploaded with this FORM prior to the student leaving for military service.

    If the student is unable to upload or provide the order prior to leaving, please contact the Veterans Resource Center as soon as possible at

  • Graduation

    Students must submit a graduation application during the semester in which they are completing their degree/certificate requirements to have their degree/certificate posted to their JJC transcript and their diploma mailed.

    Please visit myjjc to submit an application and for more information.

    The Commencement Ceremony will be held every year in May.  Prospective Spring and Summer graduates will participate in the ceremony as well as students who graduated in the previous Fall and Summer semesters.

    Students may contact the Graduation Office at with further questions.