Corporate & Community Services at Joliet Junior College provides innovative programming for all ages.
What We Offer
- Lifelong learning classes for adults
- Kids College classes for students in first grade through high school
- Professional development classes
- Short-term career training programs
- Personalized contract training classes for groups, businesses and organizations
- Access to state-of-the-art equipment inside our MakerLab
- And more!
Community & Continuing Education Catalog
Our continuing education catalog is published three times a year. Printed copies of our catalog are mailed directly to those on our mailing list. An interactive version of the catalog is also available online.
The summer term runs May 23 through August 13.
Want a printed catalog mailed to you?
Please fill out our catalog request form or call (815) 280-1555 to be added to our mailing list.
The easiest way to register for our non-credit classes is to call (815) 280-1555. Online registration is also available by following the links in the digital catalog or by searching for the classes in our registration system.
Registration for a handful of our Summer 2022 Kids College classes MUST be completed online. Links are available below.
Girls Leading the Charge
Girls Leading the Charge
This summer we are offering two FREE workshops for girls entering grades 6-8. Space is limited.
Students are limited to one session of each workshop. Please only register if you haven't participated in Girls Leading the Charge in the past.
Girls Leading the Charge 1.0
Join the challenge! Become a member of an all-girls engineering team that will design and build a variety of SOLAR POWERED MODELS in this three-day camp. This challenging camp will provide girls with an opportunity to lean about solar energy and engineering. This S.T.E.M.-focused challenge will introduce students to concepts in solar/photovoltaic (PV) cells, gear drive and pulley drive systems, along with design and troubleshooting techniques used by engineers. Each day, projects will grow in complexity as the teams design, build and test solar powered kits. Please bring a peanut-free sack lunch.
- SESSION 1: June 14-16 | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Main Campus | FULL
- SESSION 2: June 21-23 | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Main Campus | FULL
- SESSION 3: June 28-30 | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Main Campus | FULL
Please call (815) 280-1555 to be added to the waitlist for any full camps.
Girls Leading the Charge 2.0
The challenge continues! This S.T.E.M.-focused challenge will take skills to the next level as girls explore concepts in alternative energy, including solar/photovoltaic (PV) cells and participate in hands-on activities applying design and troubleshooting techniques used by engineers. Girls will enjoy learning in a team-based environment as they learn about alternative energy and engineering in this three-day workshop. Camp will also include and opportunity to work with Hydrocar Fuel Cell model cares to learn about fuel cell technology and how this alternative energy source could revolutionize the future of transportation. Students will also be introduced to wind power technology. Please bring a peanut-free sack lunch.
- SESSION 1: July 12-14 | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Main Campus
- SESSION 2: July 19-21 | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Main Campus
- SESSION 3: July 26-28 | 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. | Main Campus
Funding for Girls Leading the Charge programs has been provided by an E2 Energy to Educate grant from Constellation, an Exelon company.
Culinary Camp for Teens Career Exploration
Culinary Camp for Teens
This program is for high school students who want to learn how to prepare and present artful meals. Students will learn safe knife skills, hot to roast, grill and braise meats, as well as pastry techniques. PLUS! You'll have the opportunity to learn from two award-winning executive chefs with JJC's Culinary Arts program. Registration fee is $329. Cost includes a chef coat.
- July 18-21 | 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. | City Center Campus
Fire/EMS Career Exploration
Fire/EMS Career Exploration
Learn more about these rewarding careers during a morning boot camp at Joliet Junior College. This program is for high school students. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in a hands-on exercise, tour our state-of-the-art facility and learn from current JJC faculty. If a career in the Fire Service or EMS is for you, then make JJC your first choice! Space is limited. Registration fee is $25.
- Monday, August 11 | 8:30-11:30 a.m. | Main Campus
How to Register for Classes
Register for Classes By Phone
- Call (815) 280-1555.
- Our registration specialists would be happy to assist you during office hours.
- Our office is open Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. If you call when our office is closed, please leave a message. We will return your call as soon as possible.
Register for Classes Online
Here are some tips and trick for registering online:
Follow the links through our interactive digital catalog
- Each class in our digital catalog is linked to a registration system.
- Just click on the class title to be taken to the correct system.
Lifelong Learning and Kids College classes are registered through eResources
- When you click on the link in the catalog, you will be taken to the front page of eResources. You will have to search for the class.
- We have created an eResources Registration Guide to help lead you through the process.
Career Training and Professional Development classes are registered through Dynamic Forms
- When you click on the link in the catalog, you will be taken directly to the registration page.
- Fill out the form and click 'Submit Form.'
- Complete payment information on the following page.
Need help with online registration?
Please call our office at (815) 280-1555. We would be happy to assist you.